Your Shelly Brown jewelry purchase has a brassmetal base and is plated in either yellow gold,rose gold, rhodium or oxidized finishes. Oxidized finishes are meant to have an aged look and sometimes add distressing to the crystals for a vintage look. All of our crystals are Swarovski and our stones are all genuine, therefore they are very delicate. The metal is plated and each crystal is individually set . As a result, special care is required. Please follow the advice below.
- Store your jewelry in the original packaging or a soft pouch to avoid scratches.
- Remove jewelry before washing hands, swimming, exercising, going in the ocean, bathing and/or applying products (e.g., perfume, hairspray, soap, or lotion), as this could harm the metal and reduce the life of the plating, as well as cause discoloration and loss of crystal brilliance.
- Put on jewelry last when dressing and take off first when undressing.
- Avoid hard contact (i.e., knocking against objects) that can scratch or chip the crystal.
- If you would like to clean your jewelry use a damp, soft cloth and make sure to fully dry the piece before wearing.
- Please do not use harsh chemicals, including jewelry cleaners and polishing cloths, as this will affect the finish.
- Please follow these care instructions to ensure the life of your jewelry.
- Examine your jewelry regularly to ensure your settings are secure. Timeworn prongs are especially vulnerable, and may become loose when snagged or hit against a surface. Loose prongs may result in loose stones, loss of stones and/or damage to clothing.